Sending a monthly newsletter is not easy. Nevertheless, there is no denying the importance of having one. After all, what better way to give your customers a subtle reminder about your business and what you offer. Besides, nobody checks your website on a daily basis, so in order to remind them, you need to send them an e-mail showing them your latest services. Be that as it may, if I’m already writing content for a blog, and now I have to write more content(even if its once a month), that’s a lot of work!
Remember that famous Seinfeld episode where George and Jerry come up with the idea for a “show about nothing”? Writing a newsletter can be sort of the same thing as writing a show about nothing. “What did you do today?” “I got up, I went to work, I posted on my blog” “You see, that’s your newsletter!” That makes sense, right? Whatever you’re blogging about, there’s your newsletter!
What if there was a way to add content automatically from the blog to your newsletter? That would be awesome because in essence your blog is your newsletter, then you just write your content once and there’s your newsletter! Did you know that constant contact has a feature that lets you add content automatically from your blog to your newsletter via RSS?
You can do so by following the steps bellow or by watching the video tutorial.
- Click on the Email > My Emails tab.
- To the left of the desired email name link, click the Edit icon edit icon.
- Find the block where you want the content to go.
- Click the Edit icon Edit .
- Position your cursor where you want the blog content to appear.
- Under the Insert heading on the left side of the screen, click the Blog Content button.
- In the window that appears, enter the Feed/RSS URL for the blog you wish to insert.
- Click Retrieve to pull the blog information.
- Select which blog posts you wish to insert.
- Note: You must select at least one.
- Choose the layout for your posts by selecting either “Summary”, “Full Post”, or “Single Line (Title)”.
- Note: Summary will include the title of your post and up to 70 words of your post’s description.
- Select whether to delete the current content in the block before inserting the blog posts.
- Note: Deleting the block content removes all content and formatting from the block. This option will often yield the best results.
- Click Insert at the bottom of the page.
- In the block, click the Save icon Save